Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For elderly, even short falls can be deadly; Adults 70-plus three times as likely to die following low-level falls

For elderly, even short falls can be deadly; Adults 70-plus three times as likely to die following low-level falls

I haven't had the energy to blog in the last 6 weeks and this article pretty much sums up why I have been off my computer. My wonderful father in law fell the beginning of Nov and has been in the hospital ever since his tumble. He broke both arms, the left one in two places, smashed open his head and generally bashed himself up. When I asked him why he didn't use his walker, cane or the care giver who was with him he said, "I don't need any help". And so here we are 6 weeks after the fact and it's not fun.

Old folks out there= "Pride cometh before the fall", really has meaning. Use the medical devices that will prevent you from a debilitating fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment